Come and debate this issue, and the impact of internet piracy on the film industry, in Sydney on 7 November.
– Marc Fennell – Film Critic and host of Radio National technology program ‘Download This Show’
– Lori Flekser – Executive Director, Intellectual Property Awareness Foundation
– Adrianne Pecotic – CEO, Independent Cinema Association of Australia
– Tim Parsons – COO, Quickflix
– Rodney Serkowski – Founder, Pirate Party Australia
Policy Australia’s Carolyn Dalton will be moderating the debate.
The Australian Internet Governance Forum was held in Canberra on 11-12 October 2012.
Carolyn Dalton chaired panel 3 day 1 – Openness – Copyright in the online age, moving towards a workable compromise after iiNet and Optus TVNow.
Carolyn also facilitated workshop 6 on day 2 – The internet and the ALRC copyright review. A Google doc capturing key points from the discussion is here.
As well as copyright, the conference touched on a range of issues over the 2 days, including global internet governance, security, privacy, access and inclusion issues and specific issues for social media.